So you are interested in joining?
The first step is to read our Field Rules. (PDF document)
The next step is to print and fill out our Member Application. (PDF document)
Bring the Member Application to the next club meeting and give to one of the Club Officers. Club meetings are the second Saturday every month at 9AM either at the field, a local restaurant, or a previously discussed location. All the attending members do a quick vote and you will be an official member!
In the event my application for membership in the Millington Barnstormers R/C Airplane Club (The Club) is approved and in consideration thereof and all privileges to which I become entitled through such membership, I promise and agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge and understand that a condition of my membership in the Club is that I maintain in good standing my membership in the AMA and I agree that so long as I am a member of the Club that I will maintain such membership in the AMA.
2. I will observe, follow and abide by all of the provisions of the Official AMA Safety Code (January 1, 1988), as it may be amended from time to time, at all times. I acknowledge that I have read and am familiar with all of the provisions of such Code.
3. I will observe, follow and abide by all of the provisions of the By-Laws and Field Rules of the Club, as they may be amended from time to time, at all times.
4. I acknowledge and understand that my membership in the Club is subject to the By-Laws and Field rules of the Club and I agree to all of the provisions thereof and that I am bound thereby. In addition, I further acknowledge that the Club has entered into an agreement with Republic Services formerly Browning-Ferris Industries of Tennessee, Inc. “BFI” relating to the Club’s use of certain property owned by Republic for a flying site. I hereby ratify, adopt and agree to all of the provisions of such Agreement and I agree that I am bound thereby. I also assume full responsibility for all acts or omissions of minor children of mine or guests of mine and for any injuries or damages they may sustain.
5. With respect to the Club’s use of Republic’s Sykes Road Landfill as a flying site, I acknowledge that personal injury (including without limitation) any sickness or property damage may result from the activities or my presence at the flying site or the Sykes Road Landfill. To induce Republic’s to enter into and/or keep the said Agreement in effect, and in consideration thereof, I expressly assume all risk of, and I hereby discharge and release Republic’s, its affiliates, directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability whatsoever for any personal injuries of any kind (including without limitation) or property damage which might arise, occur or result, directly or indirectly, from the activities or my presence at the flying site or the Sykes Road Landfill, and I hereby waive any and all claims of any kind (including without limitation) claims relating to personal injuries of any directors, officers, agents and employees arising, occurring or resulting, directly or indirectly, from these activities, use or my presence at the flying site or the Sykes Road Landfill. I also agree to indemnify and save Republic’s, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all personal injuries of any kind (including without limitation) any sickness, property damage, loss, damage or liability of any kind occasioned by or resulting from the use of the flying site or Sykes Road Landfill by the Club, any of its members, guests, employees, agents, contractors or myself, or resulting from the activities or my presence or their presence of the flying site or the Sykes Road Landfill.